By Marlys Hersey, Editor
Now in her late 50s and back at home in the desert, Jana Nichols Faulk is finally allowing herself to be an artist. Though she has no formal art training, Faulk now recognizes that she has always created things, has always had a strong need to express herself.
ROMP into Spring! Responsible Ownership Marfa Pets (ROMP) will be holding a first ever Bachelor & Bachlorette Auction event for our region. This Fundraiser will be on Saturday, April 30 at Planet Marfa, 200 S. Abbot in Marfa.
Doors open 5 pm and there will be a $5 cover charge. A cash bar is available […]
Alicia Trillo will lead a service entitled “A Unitarian Universalist’s Spiritual Journey” at the Unitarian Universalists of the Big Bend at 11 am on Sunday, May 1. The UUBB is a lay-led congregation located at 1308 N. 5th St. Alpine. All are welcome. A First Sunday Potluck Lunch will be served after the service. Visit
“Spring Awakening,” produced by Sul Ross State University’s theatre and music programs, continues on stage weekends through Sunday, May 1 in the Studio Theatre, Francois Fine Arts Building.
Directed by Dona W. Roman, professor of Theatre, with musical direction by Jeff Meyer, Lana Potts and Karrin Ford, “Spring Awakening” performances begin at 8:15 p.m. Friday-Saturday, […]
Transform your ideas about the library: celebrate National Library Week April 10-16
Alpine, TX –This week, the Sul Ross State University (SRSU) Library joins libraries in schools, campuses, and communities nationwide in celebrating the dynamic changes that are happening in today’s libraries. April 10-16 is National Library Week, a time to highlight the changing role […]
- Caution to the Wind: artist Jana Nichols Faulk comes home
- ROMP invites you to auction tonight (Saturday, April 30)
- Unitarian Universalist Church in Alpine invites you to its service this Sunday, May 1
- “SPRING AWAKENING” CONTINUES THROUGH MAY 1 ON SUL ROSS STAGE
- THIS WEEK: Celebrate National Library Week at Sul Ross State U
- State Senator Carlos Uresti and Representative Poncho Nevárez will be in Alpine Wednesday, April 13
- Tom Curry’s cartoon
- Our APRIL 2016 issue is out! – plus a CORRECTION
- BREWSTER COUNTY TOURISM COUNCIL: HELP WANTED
- New 60-mile electricity transmission line planned for Brewster and Presidio Counties