Alpine Public Library’s March Travel Talk will feature Barry Zavah of Alpine, who will talk about “The USA and Canada by RV: Our Journey”. The talk is on Friday March 27 at 7 pm in the AEP multipurpose room. For more information, call 837.2621.
HOW CLOSE WILL IT COME TO YOU? A massive high-pressure natural gas pipeline is to be built through the Big Bend to export fuel for Mexican power plants. The route it will take is unclear and the pipeline company has been vague in dealing with landowners. Risks from leakage and explosions as well as noise, light, […]
Welcome Dr. Gary Paul Nabhan to Front Street Books this Friday at 5:30 pm. An international figure in the local-food movement, ethnobotany, native seeds-saving, and desert ecology, Nabhan has published dozends of books on a range of subjects having to do with food sources and culture. Here is only one, especially relevant to our Chihuahuan Desert.
Letter to the Editor: Thanks to Brewster County Commissioner Pallanez for bringing up for review the widely criticized county policy on payment of medical insurance for county retirees adopted in July 2014. He provided data on present expenditures facilitating projections into the future. Discussion at Commissioners Court Tuesday (March 24) made clear that there are […]
U.S. Customs and Border Protection issued the following press release:
Van Horn, Texas – On Thursday, March 19, Big Bend Sector Border Patrol agents assigned to the Van Horn station found the body of a man they had been searching for since the previous Saturday.
On March 14, the Culberson County Sheriff’s […]
- The USA and Canada by RV: travel talk at Alpine Public Library Friday, March 27 @ 7 pm
- TRANS-PECOS PIPELINE INFORMATIVE MEETING Wednesday, April 8 @ 6 pm
- Dr. Gary Paul Nabhan at Front Street Books this Friday at 5:30 pm
- Letter to the Editor from Dale Christophersen of Alpine
- Border Patrol rescues one, finds one dead
- Texas Rangers to Alpine: Investigations Complete
- REGULAR MEETING OF THE BREWSTER COUNTY COMMISSIONERS COURT TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2015 AT 9:00 A.M. BREWSTER COUNTY COURTHOUSE, COMMISSIONERS COURTROOM
- Goats Can’t Hide Marijuana; busted!
- Sul Ross State University Concert Thursday
- Terlingua School Board Meeting March 18