Brewster County issued two same sex marriage licenses yesterday. Both Presidio and Jeff Davis County officials confirmed they would issue them pending new forms from the state.
Jeff Davis County Judge Jeannette Duer told the Gazette, “We will uphold the law and comply with the mandate we have been given.” Duer said the county is waiting […]
Minutes ago, Brewster County Clerk Berta Martinez issued two marriage licenses to two same-sex couples, to Cyndi Wimberly and Patty Manning, together for 22 years, and Philip Low and Doug Donahoo, together for 13 years as of tomorrow. “Talk about great timing!” said Low.
One of the county clerks, who did not wish to be identified, […]
Brewster County Clerk Berta Martinez has confirmed to the Gazette “We’re ready” to issue same sex marriage licenses as of this morning.
As of 10:00 am this morning no same-sex couples have been married yet in Brewster County.
President Barack Obama praised the Supreme Court ruling today legalizing same-sex marriage. “Our nation was founded on a bedrock principle that we are all created equal. The project of each generation is to bridge the meaning of those founding words with the realities of changing times — a never-ending quest to ensure those words ring […]
The following is a press release issued by Brewster County Judge Eleazar Cano:
In light of recent developments and publicized comments, I feel it necessary to share with you, our constituents, the following facts leading to the decision which we, as a commissioners court, took into account when drafting the order provided to District Judge […]
- All Big Bend counties to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Brewster County issues first same-sex marriage licenses
- Brewster County Ready To Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- The White House: #Love Wins
- Brewster County moving forward on hiring county auditor
- Alpine City Council to meet tonight: Trans-Pecos Pipeline on agenda
- Tornado Watch in effect through 10 pm this evening for many counties in W Texas
- Water Board rejects Pumpco’s well application for pipeline staging site in Alpine
- Our JUNE 2015 issue is OUT!
- Alpine City Council fails to adopt resolution opposing Trans-Pecos Pipeline