By John Waters, Publisher
On July 8, representatives from Energy Transfer Partner, owner of the proposed 143-mile Trans-Pecos Pipeline that will carry natural gas from the Waha Hub near Fort Stockton through Brewster and Presidio Counties, held a town hall meeting in Alpine to discuss the project.
The following are observations from several local officials about the […]
Missionary, poet, and novelist, The Reverend Melvin W. LaFollette of Redford, TX passed away July 4. Funeral services will be July 23 at 10 am at Santa Inez in the Terlingua Ghost Town. Padre Mel served the Episcopal Diocese of the Rio Grande in the Big Bend since 1984 and was a community organizer and […]
ENERGY TRANSFER PARTNERS RETURNS: Presidio meeting is from 5-7 pm Tuesday, July 7 at the Presidio Activity Center gym, 1200 E. O’Reilly Street, and the Alpine meeting is from 5-7 pm Wednesday July 8 at the Sul Ross State University Espino Conference Center.
Brewster County issued two same sex marriage licenses yesterday. Both Presidio and Jeff Davis County officials confirmed they would issue them pending new forms from the state.
Jeff Davis County Judge Jeannette Duer told the Gazette, “We will uphold the law and comply with the mandate we have been given.” Duer said the county is waiting […]
- Local officials and Conservation Alliance member weigh in on Trans-Pecos Pipeline town hall meeting in Alpine
- Rev. Melvin LaFollette of Redford passed away; services July 23 in Terlingua
- No Alpine City Council meeting tonight
- Trans-Pecos Pipeline meetings Tuesday and Wednesday
- All Big Bend counties to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Brewster County issues first same-sex marriage licenses
- Brewster County Ready To Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- The White House: #Love Wins
- Brewster County moving forward on hiring county auditor
- Alpine City Council to meet tonight: Trans-Pecos Pipeline on agenda