Newsflash: We have a new editor and graphic designer at The Big Bend Gazette: Sam Richardson!At long last I am moving on from being the Editor in Chief and Graphic Designer of The Big Bend Gazette. It’s been a long, wild ride for nearly 11 years, and I am extremely grateful to so many of you [...]
Alpine Public Library’s Travel Talk for July features two speakers. On July 25, Dick and Jean Zimmer will speak on “10 Years in the Sultanate of Oman”. On July 30, an additional speaker, Joselyn Fenstermacher, will talk on “Travels ‘Way’ Down South – working in Antartica”. Both talks will be at 7 pm in the library’s [...]
The Alpine Public Library has an immediate need for volunteers! If you have a couple of free hours and enjoy working with the public, please consider helping out at our circulation desk once per week. Shifts are 2-3 hours. Help our staff go on vacation this summer – they deserve a break!
Call Paige Delaney [...]
Big Bend National Park and Fort Davis, Texas – A new National Park Service (NPS) report shows that 316,952 and 43,277 visitors respectively to Big Bend National Park and Fort Davis National Historic Site in 2013 spent a total of $29 million in the two local park communities. That spending supported a combined 384 jobs [...]
- New Gazette Editor in Chief!
- Two travel talks at Alpine Public Library this month!
- Alpine Public Library needs volunteers to work the circulation desk
- Tourism to Big Bend National Park and Fort Davis National Historic Site creates $29,186,000 in Economic Benefit. Report shows visitor spending supports 384 jobs in local economy from the two national parks.
- Brewster County Lifts Burn Ban
- Murder in Alpine Tuesday evening
- Alpine City Manager Zimmer stays
- Alpine Residents in Push to Recall Mayor Rangra
- Alpine City Manager Resigns
- SPECIAL ALPINE CITY COUNCIL MEETING JULY 8 TO DISCUSS $7.4 MILLION PROPOSED SEWER AND WASTEWATER PROJECTS