Today, Thursday, May 23, marks a major turning point for South Brewster County’s Last Minute Low Budget Productions, according to Sarah Bourbon of the group. At 6 p.m. at the High Sierra in the Terlingua Ghostown, representatives of the Terlingua Fire and EMS will sign over to the theater troupe two acres of land on [...]
Listen to Marfa Public Radio’s interview with Alpine Mayor Avinash Rangra, Alpine City Manager Chuck Harrington, and Big Bend Gazette Publisher John Waters. With KRTS host Rachel Osier Lindley, the trio discussed city finances, management, and personnel during an on-air interview originally broadcast on May 21, available at marfapublicradio.org.
By John Waters, Publisher
Aurcana Corporation, parent company of the Shafter Silver Mine in Presidio, has lost the faith of its investors.
The stock of Aurcana, traded in Vancouver, British Columbia, lost 26% in value May 21, and traded at a low not seen since July 2010.
In heavy trading, over 1.1 million shares [...]
On Saturday, May 25th, the Boquillas Tourism Project will host a party starting at noon in Boquillas, Mexico.
Antojitos (hand foods) buffet at the River Plaza in Boquillas will kick off the event. Musicians from Terlingua will play from 12 noon to 4 pm, and authentic Mexican foods will be available such as tamales, tostadas, [...]
- Terlingua Theater Group Celebrates
- Brewster County Courthouse Closure
- Marfa Public Radio interview: What’s going on with Alpine City government?
- Shafter Silver loses luster, stock plummets
- Party in Boquillas, Mexico set for this Saturday, May 25
- TXDOT REMINDS MOTORISTS TO SHARE THE ROAD, LOOK TWICE, DURING MOTORCYCLE SAFETY AWARENESS MONTH
- New superintendent of Big Bend National Park busy in first six months here
- Alpine Council members attend immigration reform panel
- Letters to the Editor