• The Permian Basin String Quartet (pictured above) returns to Alpine for a concert at 6 pm on Friday, October 2 at St. James Episcopal Church in Alpine. The program will feature Beethoven’s Quartet No. 15 in A minor, Opus 132 and Claude Debussy’s Quartet in G minor, Opus 10.
“We are very […]
Please find your copy, available at local vendors throughout the Big Bend, from Fort Stockton to Lajitas, from Marfa to Marathon.
We only post a handful of stories and photos here online (We got tired of giving our content away for free). If you’d like to receive your copy of the glorious print edition of […]
Essay by George Pitlik
I was seventeen when my ten-year-old baby brother Ken took up learning guitar. A few weeks later, I left for Air Force basic training and did not return home for six months to find Ken still plunking away, and I could almost recognize a few songs. He continued to work […]
The Permian Basin String Quartet returns to Alpine for a concert at 6 p.m. on October 2 at St. James Episcopal Church in Alpine. The program will feature Beethoven’s Quartet No. 15 in A minor, Opus 132 and Claude Debussy’s Quartet in G minor, Opus 10.
“We are very excited about our upcoming performance in […]
Big Bend Conservancy and Big Bend National Park announce the groundbreaking for the Fossil Discovery Exhibit. The groundbreaking will be at the Fossil Discovery Exhibit site on Saturday, September 26 at 10 am and is open to the public. The ceremony location is eight miles north of Panther Junction on the road to Persimmon Gap.
- HAPPENINGS OCTOBER 2015
- Our OCTOBER 2015 issue is OUT!
- In Search of the Perfect Musical Instrument
- Permian Basin String Quartet returns to St. James Church in Alpine this Friday, Oct. 2
- Groundbreaking for Fossil Discovery Exhibit at Big Bend National Park this Saturday, Sept. 26
- Marching band exhibition this Monday, Sept. 28 at Sul Ross’ Jackson Stadium Field in Alpine
- Pilot Club wants to recognize unpaid caregivers; nominate someone you know?
- Big Bend brewers make “living product” with love
- Our SEPTEMBER 2015 issue is OUT!
- HAPPENINGS around the Big Bend, SEPTEMBER 2015