This Thursday at Sul Ross State University, presented by the Society for Conservation Biology – Sul Ross State University: A presentation and slideshow by Colin McDonald of the Disappearing Rio Grande Expedition.
The Rio Grande has been the lifeblood of the valleys and civilizations it flowed through for more than 3,000 [...]
SETTING THE HOUSE ON FIRE
SOUTH BREWSTER COUNTY—Last Minute Low Budget Productions has announced its first show of the season. On Thursday, November 16, Flambé by Zena Zeller will premiere at the Cinnabar Theater on Highway 118. Zeller, an accomplished playwright, is a long-time resident of Big Bend. This is the second of [...]
Longtime Precinct 1 Brewster County Commissioner Asa Leroy “Cookie” Stone announced his resignation this morning. Stone read a short statement at the start of commissioners court, and without detailing reasons for his resignation, said it is effective at the end of the month.
Stone is the second Brewster County Commissioner to resign this year. In [...]
By Voni Glaves
Art teacher Betina Kearns and rtist Mary Paloma Diesel, in concert with the students and teachers at Terlingua School, are finishing up a project celebrating sustainable living in our desert community. Thursday afternoon (October 9) the community was invited to get a sneak peak at their dress rehearsal for the 6th Annual [...]
- “Disappearing Rio Grande Expedition” presentation and slideshow Thu, Oct. 23 @ 4 pm at Sul Ross
- Terlingua Theater Sets Schedule
- Brewster County Commissioner Stone resigns; Terlingua school board to accept resignation
- Terlingua School students rehearse for Green Scene parade
- Flu Clinic in Terlingua Thursday
- Our October 2014 issue is OUT!
- Texas Section, Society for Range Management annual meeting Oct. 7-9 at Marfa/Alpine
- Free chamber music concert at St. James Episcopal Church this Friday, Oct. 3 in Alpine
- Flood Warning Issued For Presidio County
- Frontier and Mule Daze celebrated this weekend in Fort Davis! Fort Davis Chamber welcomes public