A Meeting of the Brewster County Democratic Party Executive Committee is called
By County Chairman Mary Bell Lockhart
August 21, 2014 5 pm
107 E Lockhart Ave, Alpine, TX
Nominate a Democratic candidate for Brewster County Commissioner, Precinct 2, to be placed on the ballot for the [...]
Brewster County Commissioners Court will meet tomorrow to discuss the 2015 Budget that will include a nearly 18 percent increase in property tax revenue.
The increase in property taxes will fund new items such as a new $4,800 per commissioner car allowance and a $8,000 budget for commissioner travel and training.
And now for some [...]
Texas Governor James Richard “Rick” Perry was indicted by a state grand jury today on two felony counts: Count 1- Abuse of Official Capacity and Count 2- Coercion of Public Servant.
In a press release from the Democratic Party of Texas:
Austin, TX – Rick Perry was just indicted on two counts [...]
Washington – U.S. Representative Pete P. Gallego (D-Alpine) today invited House Speaker John Boehner to visit the border along the 23rd District of Texas to meet with community leaders and law enforcement agencies and assess for himself current situation.
“At some point, someone needs to put partisan politics aside and reach across to [...]
In a statement from U.S. House of Representative Pete Gallego’s office, ” Due to late votes in the U.S. House of on Friday evening, U.S. Representative Pete P. Gallego will not be able to attend events in Alpine, Texas, on Saturday, August 2.”
Gallego had been scheduled to visit the Food Pantry of Alpine and [...]
- Democratic Party to meet Friday August 21 to Name Candidate for County Cimmissioner
- Brewster County Commissioners to Meet Monday at 9am for Budget discussion and property tax increase
- Perry Indicted on Two Counts. Dems. Call for Resignation.
- Gallego Invites House Speaker John Boehner to visit U.S.-Mexico Border
- Late votes keep Gallego in Washington
- New Alpine City Councilman to Meet With Citizens Wednesday at SRSU
- Democratic Candidate for Comptroller in Alpine Tomorrow
- Alpine Dog Park Grand Opening, Saturday August 2nd
- New Gazette Editor in Chief!
- Two travel talks at Alpine Public Library this month!