MARFA—The Chinati Foundation announces the inauguration of a major new artwork by Robert Irwin for the museum’s permanent collection.
On Saturday, July 23, 2016, from dawn to dusk, the Chinati Foundation/La Fundación Chinati will open a new large-scale artwork by Robert Irwin. Sixteen years in the planning, this long-awaited installation further elaborates Donald Judd’s vision of […]
Please find your copy, available at local vendors throughout the Big Bend, from Fort Stockton to Lajitas, from Marfa to Marathon.
We only post a handful of stories and photos here online (We got tired of giving our content away for free). If you’d like to receive your copy of the glorious print edition of […]
• Diamond Way Buddhist Group Hosts Weekly Meditation, with meetings in Alpine and Marfa. Beginning Wednesday July 6 in Alpine, the Diamond Way Buddhist Group of the Big Bend will begin hosting weekly meditation meetings every Wednesday at 6:30 pm. Meeting locations will alternate between the Alpine Public Library Multipurpose Room, and the Marfa […]
The following is a press release from Senator John Cornyn’s (R-TX) office issued today:‘The Minority Leader in particular has spent a considerable amount of time on the floor stressing how dire the need is to fund Zika prevention efforts. He and the rest of his caucus will have a clear choice: they can either play politics at the expense of the mothers and the […]
- Chinati Foundation hosts celebration this Saturday, July 23 for opening of stunning new permanent artwork 16+ years in the making
- Our JULY 2016 issue is OUT!
- Happenings JULY 2016
- Tom Curry’s ‘toon on the TransPecos Pipeline
- Senator Cornyn Urges Democrats Not to Block Anti-Zika Funding
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law in a Victory for Abortion Rights
- Tom Curry’s GUN NATION
- BIG BEND CONSERVATION ALLIANCE ISSUES OPEN LETTER TO PIPELINE TYCOON
- Hearing about proposed improvements to the Presidio-Ojinaga International Port of Entry Tuesday, June 7
- Our JUNE 2016 issue is out!