The Brewster County Democratic Party Executive Committee will host a candidate forum for the public to meet and hear from Brewster County candidates running in the March 1, 2016 Democratic Party Primary Election. Saturday, February 13, 2 pm at the Alpine Independent School District Auditorium, 704 West Sul Ross Ave, Alpine, Texas. The moderator […]
From the National park service as of 2 :00 pm 2/8/16:
A wildland fire was ignited at approximately 4:45 PM on February 1st when heavy winds caused a power line to fall, igniting a fire near Panther Junction. The fire was burning in grassland and brush habitat. Strong winds, up to forty miles per hour, […]
By Marlys Hersey, Editor
We have yet to officially confirm the nature of this activity with PumpCo or Energy Transfer Partners, however, there appears to be further action towards construction of the TransPecos Pipeline, with the aim of transporting natural gas across private properties in the Big Bend, from the WaHa Hub near Fort Stockton, to Ojinaga, Chihuahua, […]
Terlingua has been chosen as one of the participant schools for the Planting Poet Trees initiative.Dr. Carmen Tafolla will be at the school on February 4 at 9 am. Terlingua is very honored to be one of the few schools chosen in the state.
PLANTING POET TREES, Sowing Seeds of Inspiration in Texas Public Schools is […]
District Attorney Rod Ponton has confirmed Keith McWilliams who was convicted yesterday by a jury in the October 2014 murder of Trey Sands, has been given a life in prison sentence plus a $10,000 fine.
Co-defendant William Morrow’s trial for murder begins on February 22.
Ponton added, “Law enforcement and our prosecution team did a great […]
- Gazette Publisher John Waters moderates Brewster County Democratic Candidate Forum today (Saturday, Feb. 13) at 2 pm
- Big Bend National Park Fire Update
- Pipe for TransPecos Pipeline being unloaded off trains at PumpCo site to the northeast of Alpine
- State Poet Laureate Dr. Carmen Tafolla to visit Terlingua School Thursday, Feb. 4
- Breaking News: McWilliams gets life in prison
- Wildland fire continues to burn in Big Bend National Park: more crews requested
- McWilliams Found Guilty of Murder
- Brewster County burn ban in effect until February 9
- South Brewster County Early Voting Tuesday, February 16
- Sheriff Dodson to Headline Pioneer reunion