Four area high school marching bands – Alpine, Seagraves, Van Horn and Wink – will appear in concert and competition Saturday, Oct. 1 at Jackson Field on the Sul Ross State University campus. The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the Department of Fine Arts and Communication and the […]
Flutist Mary-Elizabeth Thompson and pianist Karrin Ford will perform a Sul Ross State University faculty recital on Thursday, Sept. 29, 7:30 pm in Marshall Auditorium. There is no admission charge and the public is invited. Thompson and Ford, both assistant professors of music, will perform works by Antonio Vivaldi, Rodrigo Sigal, Jean-Louis Tulou, and Bohuslav Martinu. For more […]
A chamber choir created from the 32-member Cathedral Choir of the Episcopal Cathedral of St. John in Albuquerque will perform at 6 pm on Saturday, September 24 at St. James Episcopal Church, Alpine.
The program of choral and solo works includes a Maori welcome song and Dakota Indian chants, the 10th century music of Hildegard von […]
On the following dates in October through December 2016, most of the park will be closed, except the campsites along FM 170 and backcountry camping along the Rancherias Loop . . . .
* From 6 p.m. Oct. 2 – 6 a.m. Oct 7
* From 6 p.m. Oct. 9 – 6 a.m. Oct […]
Brewster County Precinct 2 Commissioner Hugh Garrett will be at the Commissioners Office in the South Brewster County Emergency Response Center on Thursday, September 22, 2016, from 3:00-5:00pm. Please come by and have a conversation regarding South County issues and concerns and to discuss the future of the human race.
- High school band concert, competition, Saturday, Oct. 1 at Jackson Field
- SUL ROSS FACULTY RECITAL Thursday, Sept. 29 at Marshall Auditorium
- Chamber music concert Saturday, Sept. 24 at St. James Episcopal Church in Alpine features Chamber Choir
- Big Bend Ranch State Park announces closures from October to December
- South County Commissioner Garrett available on Thursday from 3:00-5:00pm
- Brewster County Groundwater Conservation District to meet in South County Thursday, September 22 at 6pm
- Former Congressman Pete Gallego on Alpine shooting
- Congressman Hurd on Alpine shooting
- Shooter at Alpine High School confirmed dead; another student transported to hospital. Shooter was a 14-year-old girl who then committed suicide.
- Our SEPTEMBER 2016 issue is OUT!