Historic Murphy Street Celebrates
* Halloween: Friday, October 31 from5 to 8 pm with scary stories, phantom photo booth, Ride the Desert Express.
* Dia de los Muertos: Friday, October 31 through Sunday, November 2: Festival of Alters at La Sombra. Street Dance Sunday, November 2 from 5-9 pm.
The Annual DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (Day of the Dead) celebration will be held in the Terlingua Cemetery on Sunday evening, November 2. Everyone is invited to attend and participate in the lighting of candles on all of the graves in the historic cemetery. Candles will be provided, but please bring your own lighters. Potluck [...]
Pet blessing and All Souls celebration mark All Saints weekend at St. James Alpine
St. James Episcopal Church, Alpine will celebrate the creation in its many forms for the Feast of All Saints with a pet blessing at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 1. All are welcome to bring their pets – on leash [...]
This morning Brewster County Commissioners Court accepted 931 verified registered voter signatures to a petition to set a tax rollback election. The court set the special election for December 6.
The rollback effort, spearheaded by south Brewster County resident Julianne Braun, is a grassroots effort to reject the 22% increase in tax revenues approved by [...]
Brewster County Commissioners Court will consider an agenda item to accept almost 1,000 petition signatures from county residents to rollback county tax revenue increases by a special election. The county had proposed an increase of over 22% in tax revenues that was met with a broad based rejection from residents to place a ballot initiative [...]
- Alpine’s Historic Murphy Street celebrates all weekend!
- Dia de Los Muertos celebration to be held this Sunday, Nov. 2 in the Terlingua Cemetery; public invited
- Pet Blessing this weekend at St. James Episcopal Church in Alpine
- Brewster County Tax Rollback Election Set for December 6
- Brewster County Commissioners to Consider Tax Rollback Tuesday
- “Disappearing Rio Grande Expedition” presentation and slideshow Thu, Oct. 23 @ 4 pm at Sul Ross
- Terlingua Theater Sets Schedule
- Brewster County Commissioner Stone resigns; Terlingua school board to accept resignation
- Terlingua School students rehearse for Green Scene parade
- Flu Clinic in Terlingua Thursday