The Brewster County Groundwater Conservation District has tabled a decision on a new proposed fee structure to “at least” next month. Joan Johnson Chair of the board of directors recommended the board table the decision to “at least” the next board meeting to be held on September 15. The Val Clark Beard County Building, 203 N. 7th Street […]
Brewster County emergency Management has issued the following press release this morning: With the county-wide rain this past weekend and the predicted rain this week, Judge Cano has rescinded the Brewster County burn ban. The attached .pdf is a signed copy of the order rescinding the burn ban.
Matt Van Ostrand, Brewster County Emergency Management
A special board of commissioners convened in Brewster County has ruled in favor of Leoncita Land Company [owned by Tom and Val Beard] versus the Trans-Pecos Pipeline LLC that will cross the Beard’s property.
In Cause No 2016-04 B0852-CV in the matter of Trans- Pecos Pipeline Company vs. Leoncita Land Company, the commissioners, consisting of […]
On August 27th, 2016, Marfa Live Arts will bring back ¡Pachanga! A Community Talent Show. ¡Pachanga! (slang word for party or bash) will be emceed by Junie Villarreal and will take place at the Marfa Visitor Center in the USO Hall, 302 South Highland Avenue in Marfa, starting at 7:30 pm (doors at 7pm). All ages […]
By Matt Hagerman, Gazette correspondent
“If we’re interrupting your lunch, I apologize,” the tall congressman shouted inside a fast food restaurant on the outskirts of Alpine last Friday.
Twenty-nine counties along the Mexican border in between San Antonio and El Paso make up the 23rd Congressional District of Texas, one of the largest in America. […]
- Brewster County Groundwater Conservation District Tables Fee Decision
- Brewster County Burn Ban Lifted
- Pipeline Eminent Domain proceeding rules in favor of landowners
- MARFA LIVE ARTS PRESENTS: ¡PACHANGA! a community talent show
- Congressman Will Hurd visits Alpine on his Dairy Queen tour of West Texas
- Letter: The Brewster County Groundwater Conservation District fee schedule meeting August 18 9am
- Trump haunts Hurd/Gallego Congressional rematch (from The Texas Tribune August 16, 2016)
- Tom Curry: “Second Amendment People”
- Rep. Will Hurd on his first two years in office, cybersecurity, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Pete Gallego, terrorism, and local students’ rocketry endeavors
- Pipeline construction started near Alpine — confirmed by TPP