By Marlys Hersey, Editor
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors recently passed a resolution, introduced by Board President London Breed, in response to the election of Donald Trump. I have taken the liberty of adapting San Francisco’s resolution which I propose be adapted by Alpine—and Marfa, Fort Davis, etc.—because as seemingly different as […]
Please find your copy, available at local vendors throughout the Big Bend, from Fort Stockton to Lajitas, from Marfa to Marathon.
We only post a handful of stories and photos here online (We got tired of giving our content away for free). If you’d like to receive your copy of the glorious print edition of […]
If Allen Dulles can hear President-elect Donald Trump, he is surely turning in his grave. Dulles was the longest-serving director of the Central Intelligence Agency, and the son of a Presbyterian minister.
When Dulles was overseeing the building of the CIA headquarters in the late 1950s he insisted a quote from The […]
The Sul Ross State University Music Program of the Department of Fine Arts and Communication is pleased to announce that the Concert Choir and Wind Ensemble will appear in concert at the Marshall Auditorium of Sul Ross State University on Thursday, December 1 at 7:30 pm.The concert is free and open to the public.
Restoration of Alpine’s historic Hotel Ritchey is underway. Built in 1886, this historic Texas landmark stands on Murphy Street, in the heart of the oldest neighborhood in Alpine, Texas. Though shuttered for over four decades, a few years ago, builder and developer Mattie Matthaei fell in love with the dilapidated, vacant building and vowed to […]
- A proposed resolution for Alpine (and the rest of this region) in the wake of this presidential election
- Our DECEMBER 2016 issue is OUT!
- Editorial: Mr. Trump, Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
- Concerts this week at Sul Ross
- Restoration of Alpine’s historic Hotel Ritchey is underway!
- Big Bend Stands with Standing Rock solidarity march at Marfa Lights Viewing Station, Sunday Nov. 20 @ 10 am
- Groundwater District to meet November 17 with special aquifer presentation
- Sul Ross State University hosts annual McNair-Tafoya Symposium Monday, October 31
- “The Christians” opens at Sul Ross State University this weekend, Oct. 28-30
- EARLY VOTING in BREWSTER COUNTY, TEXAS: dates, times, places