The High Sierra Bar & Grill @ The Eldorado Hotel is proud to announce the dates for our 4th Annual Chili Cookoff & Ghostown Dutch Oven Challenge. We are prepared to host over 50 cooks from all over Texas as well as local cooks vying for not only great prizes but cash as well. Our [...]
Tom Alex will be present in the front of the bookstore Saturday from 1 to 2 p.m. He will be signing copies of Around Terlingua.
There will be lots of visiting and reminiscing about the history “Down South.”
Drop in for coffee, cookies, and book talk!
Front Street Books is located at 121 East Holland in Alpine.
A press release from state Senator Carlos Uresti- Austin, TX – Today Senator Carlos Uresti (D-San Antonio) filed SB 385, legislation that will increase the security of our voter registration process at a savings to taxpayers.
“Under my bill, we’ll have a way to match potential voters to our state driver’s license database and [...]
SUL ROSS THEATRE HOSTS 4TH ANNUAL MICRO-CINEMA FILM FESTIVAL FEB. 5-7
Films from Native American independent filmmakers will be featured at the fourth annual Micro-Cinema Film Festival, Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 5-7 at Sul Ross State University.
The event is hosted and curated by Dona Roman, director of the Sul Ross Theatre program and professor of Theatre. Films [...]
This just in from Last Minute Low Budget Productions: In answer to that frequent question, the answer is–the last two weekends in March. Exact dates yet to be decided. The play is a comedy called 37 Postcards, by Michael McKeever. The director will be Joe Sirotnak and he has made up a cast entirely of residents [...]
- Chili Cookoff and Dutch Oven Challange set to raise money for Terlingua this Saturday: Community through chili, charity and fun!
- Front Street Books to host author Tom Alex Saturday in Alpine to celebrate his new book, Around Terlingua
- Sen. Carlos Uresti Files Secure Voter Registration Bill
- SUL ROSS THEATRE HOSTS 4TH ANNUAL MICRO-CINEMA FILM FESTIVAL FEB. 5-7
- When’s the next play in Terlingua?
- Winter storm Warning in effect until Friday morning.
- 4th Annual Chili Cookoff & Ghost Town Dutch Oven Challenge Jan. 30 @ High Sierra Bar & Grill in Terlingua
- Native Plant meeting Jan 24 features sustainable landscaping
- Terlingua School hears proposal from a $1,000 a day consultant
- New Year’s surprise: former county judge Val Bread back at Brewster County Commissioners Court