Come to the Terlingua Community Garden (in the Terlingua Ghost Town) for Open House/Potluck Party on Friday October 4 at 5:30 pm. We are kicking off the season with great local music, food, and refreshments.
The Garden currently has 6,000 gallons of rainwater harvested and 19 rows planted! Our BIG project for the season is an additional 4-3,000 tank catchment system to connect to the roof of The Starlight Theater.
Join us every Saturday at the Farmer’s Market 10-2 pm, October 19 through the end of March.
THINK COMMUNITY BUY LOCAL
- Energy Transfer project manager to address Brewster County Commissioners Court Tuesday, April 28
- Native Plant Society sale this Saturday, April 25 from 9 to 4 at Brown Dog Gardens on Murphy St. in Alpine
- Constitutional Amendment may change the name of the Texas Railroad Commission to the Texas Energy Commission
- Fort Stockton residents will soon see mile-long Waha-Presidio Trans-Pecos Pipeline project trains in town
- Big Bend Library Program features Paul and Voni Glaves
- Trappings of Texas opening weekend and reception: April 16-18
- Seminar on changing use of rangeland, and how that impacts wildlife in the TransPecos: April 30 at Sul Ross
- Terlingua Firemen’s Ball this Saturday, April 18
- Trombone and bassoon recital this Friday, April 17 at St. James Episcopal Church in Alpine
- Luc Novovitch appointed Brewster County Commissioner to fill unexpired Pct. 1 seat