City of Alpine
Regular City Council Meeting, Tuesday, February 17th, 2015, 5:30 P.M.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Alpine, Texas will hold a meeting at 5:30 P.M. on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 in the Council Chambers, at 803 West Holland, in the City of Alpine, Texas for the purpose of considering the attached agenda. This notice is posted pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act. (Section 551.043, Texas Government Code).
PUBLIC NOTICE – THE USE OF CELLULAR PHONES AND SOUND ACTIVATED PAGERS ARE PROHIBITED IN THE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS DURING MEETINGS OF THE CITY COUNCIL.
Members of the audience will be provided an opportunity to address the Council before agenda items are discussed. The audience is also allowed to comment during the discussion of the agenda items with the Council. Please speak into the microphone located at the podium and state your name and address. If you have a petition or other information pertaining to your subject, please present it to the City Secretary. State law generally prohibits the Council from discussing or taking any action on any issue not included on the agenda, but, if appropriate, the Council may schedule the topic for future discussion or refer the matter to staff. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ON COUNCIL MEMBERS OR CITY STAFF WILL BE ALLOWED.
1. Call to Order, Invocation and pledge of allegiance to the flag ––
2. Determination of a quorum and proof of notice of the meeting –
3. Presentations, recognitions and proclamations –
4. Reports –
City Mayor’s Report –
City Manager Report –
- Emergency Management Coordinator – Discuss collaborative effort between Brewster County and the City of Alpine to create a joint County/City EMC position consistent with County and City goals and objectives; discuss shared costs for the position, to include salary range/benefits package and office, equipment, travel, training, communication, and vehicle operation expenses.
- County involvement at Airport – Review preliminary dialogue as an output from EMC discussions.
- Airport Capital Improvements – Review meeting with TxDot Aviation Staff and preliminary timelines for future renovations of taxiway and apron.
- Gas Company Resolutions as reviewed at the January 20th, 2015 Council Meeting and voted on by the SWTMGC Board of Directors at the final meeting on February 12th, 2015.
- City of Alpine Paving – Discuss preliminary research and timeline goals for full readout.
- City Building Assets – Discuss preliminary research and timeline goals for full readout.
City Staff Updates –
5. Citizens Comments (on agenda items) – (limited to 3 minutes) –
6. Public Hearings –
7. Consent Agenda – (Minutes, Financial reports, Department written
reports, board appointments, etc.) – (Notice to the Public – The
following items are of a routine and administrative nature. The
Council has been furnished with background and support material
on each item, and/or it has been discussed at a previous meeting. All
items will be acted upon by one vote without being discussed
separately unless requested by a Council Member, in which event
the item or items will immediately be withdrawn for individual
consideration in its normal sequence after the items not requiring
separate discussion have been acted upon. The remaining items will
be adopted by one vote.)
- A. Approve accounts payable. (E. Zimmer, CM)
- B. Approve Council Minutes of January 29th, 2015. (A. Rangra, Mayor)
8. Information or Discussion items – (Citizens are allowed to comment –
limited to 3 minutes – after being called upon by Mayor.)
- A. Planning and Zoning Commission Update with Chairman (or designee). (E. Zimmer, CM)
- 2014 updates and changes to Planning and Zoning Commission
- Progress on City Council Request for Planning and Zoning Commission to work on updates with zoning and ordinances
- 2015 goals
- Needs from Council for Board
- B. Income Statement, Budget Variance, Specific Activity Report. (E.
Action items to be accompanied by a brief statement of facts, including where funds are coming from, if applicable. (Action items limited to ( up to) 10 per meeting.) (Citizens are allowed to comment – limited to 3 minutes – after being called upon by Mayor.)
9. Discuss and Consider adopting a resolution supporting The
Commonwealth Company’s request to develop a parcel of land in
town to create 30-40 living units. The development will use housing